Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Ok..so I haven't been that up to date..

I know that back in October I said I would write two letters a week to people I want to thank. First I had a hard time deciding who I'd write to first. Then I had a hard time writing it. Then I just kept forgetting...on purpose, which is really more like procrastination, isn't it? So I decided I'm just going to make this list of things I am thankful for. Here goes.

My amazing daughter, for teaching my true love, joy and happiness. For showing me the simple wonder of learning something new, whether it be big or small. For teaching me that everything can be made better by a smile and a cuddle.

My husband, for being an amazing dad. For being an amazing partner in life. For simply being amazing.

My dad, for always being a great dad, despite the hardships.

My mom, for teaching me to be a woman, even though you only had 19 years to do it.

My sister, for being my best friend.

My dog, for knowing just when to give me a nudge and a cuddle.

My aunt, for filling in when I needed a mom, or a big sister, or just a babysitter.

My friends, no matter how I met them, for always supporting me, and teaching me many things about life, love and motherhood.

I'm also thankful for my health and my happiness, for the house that we've made into a home, for the little luxuries in life like good coffee and good wine. I'm thankful for my large extended family, who love my daughter as much as I do. Most importantly, I am thankful that I have so much love and joy in my life that I will never want for anything.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: